Today is my birthday! Yaayy… *insert dancing image* Time really does fly. It seems like yesterday when I celebrated my birthday last year and with all sincerity, God is faithful. If I start to write about all God has done for me, I would still be writing tomorrow. My 2015/2016 season started 29th August 2015 and ended 28th August 2016. I’ll share 12 of the lessons I have learnt. Enjoy the journey!
- God is faithful. God is faithful. God is really really faithful.
- Sometimes closed doors are God’s way of (re)directing us. There were times in the year when I felt that God had a certain path for me. On getting to the doors, I discovered that they were closed. At those times, I felt quite sad. However, looking back at some of those issues I am grateful that God closed those doors. Everything might not be clear yet, but then that’s what makes the journey interesting.
- Family is BAE! The importance of family to my journey cannot be overemphasised. I could write a book about this, so let me stop here and just say Thank You to my family. God bless you. I Love You.
- Eniyan l’aso. I don’t know how to translate this properly but I’ll explain. My friends, my friends on Facebook, Church on WhatsApp members, discipleship class members and other wonderful people God sent my way helped make the journey pleasant. To each of you reading this, I say Thank You.
- Songs are good companions. Over the course of the season, I have listened to old songs that I loved, new songs that I love and others that are in between. Ope by Shola Allyson. Dide by Kenny Kore. God dey Bless by JESUSkeys. Momoore, Spirit Move, Yehnan and Telephone to Heaven by JayMikee. Osinachi by HumbleSmith. If E No be God by Chidinma. Kabiyesi by Emma Oh My God. Pray for Me by Darey Art Alade and the Soweto Gospel Choir. Somebody Great by Korede Bello and Asa. Pick Up by Adekunle Gold. Way Maker by Sinach. Alagbara by Onos. You are Great by Steve Crown. Casting Crowns, Imela and my current favourite…ONISE IYANU! by Nathaniel Bassey. Just to name a few of my companions… 🙂
- He who watches over Iremide doesn’t sleep or slumber. If the Lord had not been on my side, the story would have been different. He kept me. His mercies kept me. I refuse to be ungrateful.
- Teachers, mentors and models are important…very important. Those who see far stand on the shoulders of giants. My journey last season was aided by those who helped to correct, instruct, encourage and inspire me. Some of them are people I have known and met while others are people who I have never met. I pray that God’s blessings will be upon you in Jesus name. Amen.
- God knows what we need even before we know it. He requires that we trust His timing. “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness… He makes all things beautiful in His time.”
- Heartbreak is not good o. Seriously! *insert sad or crying emoticon* Twice in quick succession, my heart was hurt. It took time to get over it. Honestly. It is not every time that your favourite club loses two finals na. I think I am over it sha. I think so… *wide grin*
- To read is to grow. The Bible is God’s word and it is the bedrock of my life. Books have been a great help also. Facebook posts, blog posts and broadcasts have been of tremendous help. To read is to lead. To read is to grow.
- Start! For a while, I thought about starting a blog. I read about it and tried to cover all the possible angles. It was becoming “paralysis by analysis”. So, last month I decide to start. This is the result of the start. Only God knows how far it would go and I am happy to watch it grow. To join me on the journey, subscribe to the blog!
- Life without God is meaningless. There is a God-shaped void in every person’s life that can only be filled by God. Last season provided me with moments that drove me to my knees and helped to love God more. If you don’t have a personal relationship with Christ, today is an opportunity for you to begin one. Your decision will affect where you spend your eternity; Heaven or Hell. Choose Jesus. Choose Heaven.
Thanks for reading! I will appreciate your prayers and kind wishes. Thank you once again. E se gan! *wideee smile*